Friday, October 2, 2009

Student Protest, King's College (January 27, 1998)



I believe this event was a Canadian Federation of Students (CFS) day of action, and the march began at King's College in Halifax and progressed across the Dalhousie campus, ending up downtown by the government buildings.

I love this picture because of that "captured" expression on this person's face. I should really know what his name was--I'm pretty sure he was actually in my photography class, and this photo was taken during my first year at NSCAD. I think the camera he is holding is one borrowed from "The Cage", which was the nickname for the photography department's equipment/tech room from which cameras and other items could be signed out by students.

What you can see in the foreground, blurred, is a profile view of someone else holding a camcorder (this was before you could buy really small digital cameras with video recorders in them, such as the one I use at the moment, a Sony Cybershot). For some reason it took me some time to figure out that the large, white blurred object is actually the lens cap for the camcorder.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment